Saturday, March 29, 2014

Week of March 30, 2014 - Spring Cleaning


By Joan Whetzel


I have begun spring cleaning around my house. It began outdoors with long overdue hedge trimming (thanks for your help son Dave), followed by weed and feed to the front and back yard, weed and grass killer in the cracks on the driveway and sidewalk, and mowing. The yard's looking pretty good thanks to daughter Emily's help.

I have also been spring cleaning in my office, as well, with the following areas:

1. Book shelves  I've been getting rid of the books that I no longer use for reference materials and books that are outdated.

2.  CDs/Music  I've also been get rid of music that I don't like to listen to any more. Both books and music are going to be sold to the local half price book store.

3. Files  Old files with information that is dated and ideas that I am no longer interested in. Filled up a few garbage bags. This chore should have been done a long time ago.

4. Desk   Cleared out a few things from the drawers and my desk top. Also dusted.

5. Computer Files  Can't believe how many useless and old files I've been storing on my desktop and laptop computers and my thumb drive. You know what? They run faster and better now.

Yes it's been a few weeks in the clean up, but well worth the effort. I feel inspired to clean up a few more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment