Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week of Feb. 28, 2016 - Great Opportunities


By Joan Whetzel

 

I saw the following quote on Facebook (facebook/The Optimism Revolution) that read: “We’re all faced with a series of great opportunities (sic) brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

I’ve had more than a few great opportunities in my lifetime, especially in recent years. I can honestly say that my great opportunities have supported my growth and helped me stand on my own two feet and ways I never thought I would. But I’m not ashamed to admit that I wish God would cast his eye in another direction and bestow some of those great opportunities on someone else for a change. I need a vacation. An extended vacation.

What would my vacation look like? I see myself vegging out on a tropical island. I would of course be filthy rich and have every luxury served up on a silver platter. All problems, great or small, would be quickly managed with a flick of my magic wand. It would be a totally care free, stress free existence.
 
Okay, back to reality. Really, I see my real-life, extended vacation this way:
·       No more major and/or costly repairs or problems that need solving.
·       A full time job that I love, is close to home, and pays well.
·       Social Security decides I don’t have to wait until I am 60 to start receiving my widow’s benefits. (Okay, that one probably falls under the reality check column.)
·       Both of my kids prospering greatly, beyond my wildest dreams, with no pressing problems to threaten their wellbeing.
·       Four happy and healthy granddaughters and a happy, healthy grandbaby #5 on the way (hope it’s a boy this time).
·       My mom and siblings all know how much I love them and am grateful for their support.


I can’t imagine a better vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment