Saturday, October 18, 2014

Week of October 19, 2001 – Around the World in 80 Days


By Joan Whetzel


I just put down the book “Around the World in 80 Days” by Jules Verne. It has been a long time since I saw the move with David Niven Playing Phileas Fogg, and an even longer time since I read the book.

Jules Verne, as usual, keeps his readers hooked from page one of this novel. Having seen the movie and read the book (once a long time ago) I still found myself wondering how Mr. Fogg got caught up in his adventure around the world, and all of the little side ventures that almost lost him his bet.

The only thing I found different between the book and the movie (SPOILER ALERT!) was that the book did not include the incident with the hot air balloon. I have to say, I missed the hot air balloon. I enjoyed the book as much as the movie. Even with the minor differences. I’ll have to find the movie on DVD so I can watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment