Saturday, June 14, 2014

Week of June 5, 2014 - Father's Day



By Joan Whetzel

It's the 2nd Father's Day since my husband's death and the first since my dad died. Since my son is working on Father's Day, we won't be celebrating with him either. It feels really weird this year. Truth be told, I almost forgot about it, until somebody said something about it. I had to stop and ask when it was. Oh! It's this weekend?

What would we be doing if we had someone to celebrate it with?
1. Go to a movie.
2. Take one of them out to dinner - or lunch.
3. Buy a gift.
4. Breakfast in bed.
5. Let my husband sleep in late.
6. Call my son or my dad, and any other men in my life and wish them a happy Father's Day.

Well I can still call my son. As far as the other things, well, I think my daughter and I will do a few of those things in their honor - like sleeping in late and going to a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment